Online sessions on Science and Maths for S2S alumni (students who have earlier participated in S2S session) using common material around you. We strongly believe these sessions will take you to the next level and help you conduct independent scientific and mathematical explorations.
This festive season, we are going on an exciting journey of exploration and discovery with an array of hand-picked themes.
A workshop, for math teachers, that focuses on constructivist approach to inculcate mathematical thinking and other skills along with the spirit of discovery.
Let's go to the next level in our explorations (only for S2S alumni).
Plan for these sessions is following
- Timeline: 8 sessions on a weekly basis for science and math each. Students can select either the stream of science, math or both.
- Timings: Science- Tuesday (starting 20th Oct.), 4pm to 5:30 pm and Math - Fridays (starting 23rd Oct.), 4pm to 5:30 pm
- Cost: 3000/- per stream. Parents who have problems with complete payment, can get in touch with us
- Age group: 11-13 (Class 6-7)
If you would like to participate in these sessions, please fill this form. https://forms.gle/eWWZcjwWnkv5Ryvs6
For any concerns or clarifications, you can reach out to us on +91-8197897263.
Looking forward to this next phase of sessions with students.
This festive season, we are going on an exciting journey of exploration and discovery with an array of hand-picked themes. A unique active learning experience for students to observe, explore, discover and enjoy. Join us, as we break the silos of disciplines and take a deeper look into these themes through the lens of science, math, history and more...
We have curated a variety of exciting, interdisciplinary topics for you. Go ahead and pick one or more from the list...
- Age group: 10-13 (Class 5-7)
- Through Ice: A cool exploration into the physics, chemistry and biology of ice. Session dates: 2, 5, 9, 12 November 2020.
- Binary Binge: A step into the world of computational thinking that predates computers. Sessions dates: 16, 19, 23, 26 November 2020.
- Invisible Life: A deep look into the invisible life that surrounds us, from curd to Covid. Session dates: 30 November 2020, 3, 7, 10 December.
- Time's up: An overview of the science and math behind clocks and calendars leading up to the motions of heaven and earth. Session dates: 14, 17, 20, 23 December 2020.
To register for Indian Participants, fill the form here: https://forms.gle/fFMSkJ1HbTcfLLBY8
To register for USA Participants, fill the form here: https://forms.gle/KiSpyhfrmmjYSYCH9
For any concerns or clarifications, you can reach out to us on +91-6360239639 or +91-8197897263 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dialogue on Learning- How to bring out the joy of doing math?About the Program
“To find if a number is divisible by 3, just add its digits and check if this sum is divisible by 3”.
Most often, students learn mathematics by simply being told the different methods and properties. On the contrary, for a mathematician, this process is an adventure. There is a lot of wonder, lots of playing around with mathematical objects, thrill of experiencing twists and turns during the process, and finally, in some cases, the joy of discovery.
Question 1: Will it be good if our students too are given an opportunity to go through what a mathematician goes through?
Question 2: If yes, how can we provide this in the classrooms, given the different constraints?
Having a discussion on these two questions, and motivating the participants to become independent mathematical explorers is the main goal of our program.
Why Attend This Program?
- Make the process of Maths joyful and enriching for both yourselves & students. Experience the fun of problem solving and the joy of discovery
- Cultivate & enhance skills like observation, questioning, curiosity, critical thinking & reasoning, mathematical thinking of yourselves & your students
- Adapt to pedagogies like inquiry, discovery, discussion & analysis-based teaching learning methods
- Take forward leaps in becoming NEP-ready & your journey of Professional Development
- Opportunity to network & discuss with fellow participants from diverse backgrounds
- Get an E-Certificate after successful completion of the course
- Duration: 90 mins session
- 1 Introductory open session + 6 program sessions(online) with continuous offline engagement
- Ideal weekly time commitment from teachers: 90 minutes online session + ~1 hour per week of offline engagements
- Introductory session: When you don’t need to divide to find the remainder: A relook into divisibility tests.
- Session 1 (21st Nov, Saturday): How do you choose to grow and other problems on exponents
- Session 2 (28th Nov, Saturday): Problems from recreational mathematics
- Session 3 (5th Dec, Saturday): Why we don’t have SSA congruency, and more on triangles
- Session 4 (12th Dec, Saturday): Make your own formulae: An encounter with Algebra
- Session 5 (18th Dec, Friday): On one of the oldest mathematical procedure : The Euclidean Algorithm
- Session 6 (19th Dec, Saturday): Story of one of the greatest inventions of mankind: Numbers
The pedagogical discussion will take place in the backdrop of some beautiful mathematical explorations arising right from school mathematics itself. Some recreational math topics will also be taken up for exploration. Further, the dialogue and explorations will be seasoned with interesting episodes about mathematics and mathematicians. We hope that this will motivate the participants to undertake a further study of the fascinating history of the subject.
The exploratory topics accompanying each session will be as follows:
Timing: 3:00 - 4:30 PM for all the 6 sessions below.
Who Should Enroll? The course is aimed at school teachers, educators, home-schooling parents interested in math education & pedagogy. The course is open for teachers across all classes.
Note: We have kept the Introductory session free and open for all for you to get a glimpse into how the program is going to be. If you are interested to attend the introductory session, then fill the form https://forms.gle/gnB4uiEjdbVzGhiL9
To register for the full course, fill the form here: https://forms.gle/7hyegNctpf8mNWh16
Fee: To get an actual feel of how our program is going to be, do attend our introductory session on Nov 2 (time), which is open to all.
For any concerns or clarifications, you can reach out to us on +91-9591126049.
Check this out for some of our past sessions: